Want to work for a rapidly growing international trade company with a focus on e-commerce/Amazon sellers and experience the vibrant culture of Asia at the same time?
Have a passion for marketing (Online & Offline)?
If you answered YES to those questions, this might just be the job for you.
IMEX Sourcing Services started out with just one team member from an apartment over 7 years ago. Since then we have doubled our turnover almost every year and it’s been an exciting ride to say the least and phenomenal growth.
We have a team of about 11 people based in in our office in the CBD of Guangzhou (Zhujiang New Town). Before I go off track, let’s get back to the Position & Company. (You can read more about what we do & the Journey here).
We are primarily a Sourcing & Quality Control company working with clients across the globe but mainly in the US & UK. We help our clients manage their imports from China.
Majority of our clients are “E-Commerce” sellers especially Amazon focused sellers, so that’s our little Niche within the sourcing industry. We provide our clients with a completely outsourced solution managing everything from supplier search, shortlisting and selection, due-diligence, contracts, project management, quality control and even logistics – delivering the goods right to their warehouses or Amazon FBA Fulfilment centres.
We also run the Guangzhou Chapter of Hardware Massive to try and contribute to bringing new innovative physical products to the market.
The mission for the marketing apprentice would be to execute various marketing initiatives as well as developing marketing materials including literature, content for our websites, blog & social media properties. Some of the key activities for this role include:
- Creating & editing content for the Blog & growing the blog subscriber base for TheSourcingBlog.
- Planning & overseeing the upgrade of our IMEX Sourcing website (Yeah we know the front-end badly needs an upgrade).
- Managing our Social Media accounts, including creating content and managing the publishing schedule.
- Creating a comprehensive strategy for our participation in Trade Shows & conferences in Asia & abroad.
- Getting on the phone with our clients (mainly in the US & UK) and prospects to collect feedback and see how we can serve them better.
- Creating literature about the various services we have.
- Contacting & building relationships with related businesses for guests posts and other mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Finding, shortlisting & selecting third party vendors to whom we can outsource some of the marketing requirements for e.g. SEO, PPC, etc.
- A passion for Writing.
- Previous demonstrable experience in Marketing, and especially content writing & Social Media Marketing is required. We would need links to your previous published works.
- This is a full-time role and hence it’s important it’s treated as such & you currently have no other side projects going on.
- If you are already in China or Asia, that would be an advantage.
- You should love getting on the phone & talking to people, as this role would require interacting with clients (and often at odd hours due to the time-zone differences) & building relationships with potential partners/affiliates.
- Speaking Mandarin or having previously lived in China would be a big advantage but is not a requirement.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to make “Quick Decisions”.
This is an office based position in Guangzhou.
What’s in it for You?
- You would be paid a salary of $2500-$3000. Based on the cost of living in Guangzhou, this should give you a pretty good lifestyle here.
- After you have completed 1 year in China, a results linked bonus (profit-share) would be added to the salary.
- Mentorship: You will report directly to the Founder & have access to key insights about running a successful international trade company.
- One of the best parts about this role is the cultural experience of being a place like China, which has for almost 3 decades been one of the epicentres of global trade activity.
How to Apply
- We would need you to record a 5 minute Youtube Video answering the question below. Video quality/editing is not important at all & you can leave the video unlisted.
- Tell us about yourself? What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Do you feel you can add significant value to this position & why?
- Fill out our application form link here
Applications close as soon as we find the right candidate.
If you know someone who would be suitable for this position, please help us spread the word.
Want to hear about more opportunities like this? Sign up for our email list here!